Second Annual Dscoop EMEA Conference Raises the Bar
Over 700 attendees gather for three-day Rome event
12 NOVEMBER 2013, ROME, ITALY
SummaryMore than 700 digital print professionals gathered at the second annual Dscoop EMEA conference: Print Grand Prix that ran 6-8 November at the Rome Marriott Park Hotel in Rome, Italy. The event was an international hit with attendees from more than 36 different countries.
The conference featured more than 30 educational sessions by industry experts and members across four learning tracks. Attendees seized the opportunity to explore specific topics relevant to their individual interests and exchanged best practices to strengthen their business strategies and drive results. All education sessions were presented in English with live translations in Spanish, French, German, Italian and Russian.
Additional highlights from Print Grand Prix included:
- Intelligent Disrupter, Barrie Bramley and Change and Team Motivation Expert, Jim Lawless opened the conference with dynamic keynote presentations. Each delivered a message that motivated and encouraged attendees to embrace change, push the envelope and take on a fresh approach to personal and business communications.
- Dscoop University, powered by HP, presented a live stream of seven education sessions from Rome for global members to access from their offices. The session recordings, as well as interviews with speakers, will be available on the Dscoop website as an additional member benefit.
- Chris Petro, Dscoop global chairman introduced the Signature Sample Series, a new benefit that allows Dscoop members to download sample image files at no cost and showcase their HP Indigo’s capabilities to grow their businesses throughout the year.
- Dscoop also announced the Dscoop Print Directory, launched earlier this year, is now available in nine languages to accommodate the growing need for global implementation. The nine languages are English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese and Chinese.
- Attendees raced to uncover inspiring new products in the sold-out EMEA2 Solutions Showcase, which hosted more than 35 Partners from around the globe. Due to demands for equipment display, the Solutions Showcase expanded into the Print Pavilion and featured HP Indigo 10000 and 7600 Digital Presses.
- Based on his own experience and background, Mike Fogarty, Dscoop global executive director presented a dynamic education session on how members can implement new strategies and best practices to grow their business globally.
- Members met face-to-face with fellow print service providers from around the world for “Take Your Business Global,” a session dedicated to international networking and expanding business globally.
- Attendees extended their stay in Rome for the HP Hands-On! Program, which offered a full day of advanced training on the HP Indigo 7600 Digital Press and the latest tips and techniques from the HP Graphics Arts Training Center.
Conference recordings will be available on the website for Dscoop members to access later this month.
The third annual Dscoop EMEA conference will be held in June 2014.
"“I’m pleased with the tremendous turnout at our second annual conference in the growing EMEA region. It’s a testament to the hard work, quality education and innovative programs that Dscoop is able to produce a conference of this caliber. By the amount of people circling the Solutions Showcase, it’s clear that our Partners are a critical component of the cooperative and together we are committed to promoting the power of digital print.” " Gary Peeling, Dscoop EMEA chairman and Managing Director, Precision Printing Co Ltd, based in London, U.K
"“This conference is just one of the many ways in which Dscoop members, Partners and HP come together and tackle some of the most pressing business challenges in the industry while at the same time learning more about innovative techniques and solutions to help grow the power of digital print. To see the turn-out of attendees from around the world at our second regional event is just astounding. I am so excited to be a part of such a passionate cooperative of industry professionals.” " Mike Fogarty, Dscoop global executive director
About Dscoop EMEA2 Conference: Print Grand Prix
The Dscoop EMEA2 Conference, Print Grand Prix, is the premier event for HP Graphics Arts users in the EMEA region. Print Grand Prix showcases the latest digital technologies, unveils new products in the Solutions Showcase and provides up-to-date advances in the industry over the course of three days of education and networking.
Founded in 2005, the Digital Solutions Cooperative (Dscoop) is a worldwide community of visionaries from leading graphic arts companies and industry partners who collaborate by sharing ideas and information that drive industry-leading innovation and individual business growth through the use of HP digital print technologies including HP Indigo, Scitex, High-end Latex and Inkjet Web Press. To learn more about Dscoop, visit www.dscoop.org. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.